Saturday, August 2, 2008

Jessica Prays With Tony, jess also reveals Abuse Experience


Jess on prayer, 'amazing' Mayer and being persecuted; plus, Britney linked to her bodyguard, the latest romance rumors with Ryan & Rachel, Justin & Jessica, Jen & John and much more ...
Some women share their innermost feelings with their friends and family. Jessica Simpson prefers to open up to glossy magazines.

Three months after proclaiming to Glamour that she was "in love -- big time" with boyfriend Tony Romo, she's blabbing to the September issue of Elle about her love life, hinting about some pain in her past and gushing about her hopeful future with the Dallas Cowboys quarterback.
"Most of the guys I dated were captivated by my heart, but they had different ways of trying to get to me. Tony understands me," babbles the newly countryfied starlet, 28. "He appreciates my talent. He's the first person I've spiritually connected with. I'm a girl that loves to be in love. I love love!"
Just how spiritually in sync are the Texas lovebirds, who were rumored to have briefly broken up just weeks after Simpson's fate-tempting "big time" declaration?
The magazine says Simpson and Romo not only attend church together, but that they also pray aloud before meals and at bedtime.
But perhaps Jessica should kneel down and beseech the powers-that-be to deliver unto her some new material.
As she discusses her romantic adventures in the post-Nick Lachey world, which included a yearlong dalliance with John Mayer, she strikes a very similar tone to her Glamour profile.
"I was going through a lot of pain," she tells Elle. "I didn't try anything to change my life other than dating different types of guys and conforming to their worlds. I thought I had to be artsier, more intellectual."
Compare that to what Simpson told Glamour: "I thought that I had to be deeper, more profound and more artsy. You change with the guys you date. [I thought] I had to be more intellectual."
But the stacked singer has nothing but kind words for Mayer, even if she does resort to referring to herself in the third person when talking about him.
"John believed in the Jessica Simpson that's within," she self-affirms. "He cherished our love. He helped make me the woman I am today. John is going to be an amazing man for someone, but I know that I was supposed to be with someone else."
(By the by, in the Glamour article, she credited Tony, not John, for "bringing me back to who I am," which might be an indication that she needs to take a more active role in figuring out who she is.)

Jessica's pooch Daisy looks like she's had enough of hearing about just how awesome Tony Romo is as they pose backstage at Country Thunder.
Jess, who met up with Romo at his team's training camp in Oxnard, Calif., on Tuesday, also slips a bit of a bombshell into the interview.
When asked about the abuse-themed song "Remember That" off her forthcoming and question mark-omitting "Do You Know" album (sample lyric: "It doesn't matter how he hurts you, with his hands or with his words/You don't deserve it, it ain't worth it, take your heart and run"), she tiptoes around the touchy if conveniently country-music-cred-giving subject.
"I had to record that," says Simpson of the tune. "There's nothing on my album that you're gonna hear that I don't relate to or that I haven't experienced. Because the only way I know how to sing is from life experience."
(Which means she must have really been moved by those Pizza Hut Cheesy Bites she once so enthusiastically warbled about.)
Jessica then clams up, insisting, "I don't want to talk about it," before using her own musical stylings to make a loaded admission, revealing, "But I have definitely experienced abuse in a way that I would tell people to take their heart and run."
Simpson, who apparently didn't stop to think that suspicion for the purported abuse might unfairly fall on some of her exes, continues with the mistreatment topic when talking about the public's perception that her double-D-touting dad-manager Joe is in control, a charge she calls "ludicrous."
"He just wants me to be happy," she says. "Our whole family gets beaten, but that just brings us closer. So people are really doing themselves a disservice."
What's more, Simpson believes all the negative nellies have only made her stronger.
"So many people want to bring me down, and I can't wait to prove them wrong," she declares. "If they believe what they read about me, they automatically persecute and torment me."

No comments: