Thursday, November 27, 2008

britney dishes out on k-fed being a bad influence on her kids

Britney's K-Fed Dis, Bad Dates & 'Old Fart' Life

Posted Nov. 25, 2008

Britney Spears' heavily hyped comeback will culminate with the release of "Circus" on Dec. 2., the same day she turns 27. And while you'd think her birthday would be a time for her to reflect on the choices she's made that have led her to her current circumstances -- her father in control of her life; custody of sons Sean Preston, 3, and Jayden James, 2, lost to ex-husband Kevin Federline -- she instead seems to be blocking out some of her past behavior.

©Rolling Stone
(©Rolling Stone)

"I didn't think my husband was gonna leave me," Brit tells Rolling Stone in a new cover story optimistically titled "Yes She Can!" (and somewhere, Barack Obama's press office sighs heavily). "Otherwise, I'd be with my babies 24/7. But since they're almost like twins, they both take care of each other. I think they look like me. They don't look like their father at all."

And even though Spears' own mother said last month that Federline "could have been a real pill about a lot of things, but he wasn't," the popster apparently doesn't think he's doing a perfect parenting job.

"And it's weird 'cause they're starting to learn words like 'stupid,' and Preston says the f-word now sometimes. He doesn't get it from us. He must get it from his daddy," finger-points Britney. "I say it, but not around my kids."

How quickly she's forgotten her memorable tirade against a paparazzo in July 2007 while driving around with her tots. In video of the incident, Spears rolls down the window of her Mercedes and, as her kids wail heartbreakingly in the backseat, tells the shutterbug, "Hey, baby. When are you gonna get on a diet? Have you ever tried Weight Watchers, you fat [bleep]? Why don't you run? You need to [bleeping] jog, you p***y. Yeah, run. Run, b***h!"

Anyhoo, Britney plays the proud mother in the carefully orchestrated sit-down ("We were never left alone together, and my questions had to be submitted ahead of time for approval," the reporter tells USA Today), marveling at how fast they're growing up and sharing a personal anecdote.

downlevel description
This video requires the Adobe® Flash® Player. Download a free version of the player.

"Every time they come to visit me, I think about how they're such special people," says Spears, who is allowed two visits and one overnight per week with her sons. "Like, they're going to preschool now! I went there to pick them up on Friday, and seeing them in their little classroom and seeing Jayden being bad or not listening? It's like, those are mine, and it's just crazy, you know what I mean?"

Bubbles Brit, "And the things that are coming out of their mouths right now -- they're learning so much, and it's new, and you never know what they're going to say, and they're so smart yet so innocent. They're obsessed with monsters, and every night we look outside, and we have to show them that there's no monsters out there. It's dark outside, but there's nothin' out there, you know?"

Speaking of things that go bump in the night, the days when she would drive aimlessly around into the wee hours with an army of paparazzi in tow are long gone.

"I feel like an old person now," sighs Spears, who compared her life to "Groundhog Day" in her new documentary, which debuts on MTV on Nov. 30. "I do! I go to bed at, like, 9:30 every night, and I don't go out or anything, you know what I mean? I just feel like an old fart."

Not that her life is completely devoid of fun. She reveals how she's gone on a few chaperoned dates, although neither resulted in a love connection.

"One of the dates I had recently, I was accompanied by my assistant Brett and my manager Larry Rudolph's friend Adam Leber," recalls Britney, who stepped out last week with a chiseled fella named Marco. "Right when we got there, we just knew it was just bad. He looked like an older version of Harry Potter, but skinnier. So I had to get dessert first."

And then there was a meet-and-greet with a gentleman who "was really, really tall and a lot older. We're trying to ask him questions, like, 'OK, you're into martial arts, so what kind of martial arts are you into?' And he was like, 'Oh, all kinds.' So we were just cracking up."

For now, it's all work and little play for Spears, who jetted to Europe on Monday to promote "Circus."

One unnamed track, which she says she wrote, is about "artistic expression and the masquerade of people acting and putting on shows," explains Brit. "Through that, you create your own world. The song talks about how other people are coming into this girl's world, but she didn't invite them in. So she's saying, 'Why are you here, if I didn't invite you?' It's complicated, but you can tell it's me who wrote it, because it's in my voice and there's a difference."

Still, she's worried about revealing too much of herself to the public, which has already been witness to her flashed lady parts and her ambulance-chauffeured trip to the hospital.

"It's scary to put yourself out there and be like, 'Oh, God, is that cool?' If you're not going to really go for it, you can't just go there halfway," says Britney. "But sometimes, when you go for it, you can't lose."

No comments: