Thursday, November 27, 2008

Britney: My Life Is Like 'Groundhog Day'

AP
Britney: My Life Is Like 'Groundhog Day'

Posted Nov. 18, 2007

With exactly two weeks to go before Britney Spears completes her much-ballyhooed comeback with the release of "Circus," the publicity machine has cranked into overdrive with the release of some attention-grabbing (and, we're guessing, slightly out-of-context) excerpts from her new documentary.

"I have really good days, and then I have bad days," she admits in "Britney: For the Record" (via People and the London Sun), a 90-minute, behind-the-scenes look at her life since her epic and painfully extended public meltdown.

According to Spears, who turns 27 on the same day "Circus" is released, her current, closely monitored circumstances are kind of like being in prison -- or a Bill Murray movie.

"Even when you go to jail, you know, there's the time when you're gonna get out," sighs Brit, who is legally unable to make any major decisions (her father, Jamie, remains her permanent guardian until the court says otherwise). "But in this situation, it's never-ending. It's just like 'Groundhog Day.'"

©AP
Britney makes an appearance during Madonna's Los Angeles tour stop on Nov. 6. (©AP)

And while Murray's character eventually changed and grew and became a better person by being forced to live the same day over and over again, Britney appears to chafe a bit from the more structured, less aimless-driving-and-gas-station-stop existence.

"I think it's too in-control. If I wasn't under the restraints I'm under, I'd feel so liberated. When I tell them the way I feel, it's like they hear but they're really not listening," says the popster, who also reckons there's a lack of "passion" and "excitement." "I never wanted to become one of those prisoner people. I always wanted to feel free."

But Spears, who lost custody of sons Sean Preston, 3, and Jayden James, 2, to ex-husband Kevin Federline following a January police standoff and her subsequent hospitalization, seems to realize the road to recovery -- both personal and professional -- is long and bumpy.

"If you do something wrong in your work, you can move on," she figures, "but I'm having to pay for a long time."

Brit hopes the documentary, which tracks three months in her life and debuts on MTV on Nov. 30, will offer a positive look at the strides she's made since her head-shaving, paparazzo-dating, gurney-strapped nadir.

"I wanted to make this film because I started to feel like I wasn't being seen in the light that I wanted to be seen in," she explains. "This is an opportunity to set the record straight and talk about what I've been through and where I'm headed."

Concludes the optimistic Britster, "I think I've learned my lesson now, and enough is enough."

No comments: